Welcome to St. Michael's Pre-School. We are a voluntary pre-school catering for the care and educational development of 2 to 5 year olds. St Michael’s pre-school opened in 1960 and serves the local community from its base in St. Michael’s Church Hall in Stockwell Park Crescent.
The pre-school is open five days a week, term time only, from 9.15am to 12.15pm. We offer free places to children who are entitled to government funding. From September we will be extending our hours from 8.30-3pm, five days a week, term time only. We will be offering full day places as well as a morning session (9-12pm) and an afternoon session (12-3pm).
A maximum of 24 children may attend the pre-school at any one time. This allows us to work more personally with the children and parents to ensure all their learning needs are met.
We provide a wide range of excellent activities both inside and outside to guarantee that all the seven areas of learning and development are met, and for children to learn through play.
Parents are encouraged to participate in topics and activities as we pride ourselves on making the setting feel welcoming to everyone.
Visit before registration
We have an open door policy and parents are free to come in any morning and have a chat with staff and see how the group works.
We advise you to visit us prior to registering your child with us, so that we can give you a better introduction and answer your questions. Please call us on 0207 274 0783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a visit.
The nursery has spaces available. If you would like to recommend us to any of your friends or neighbours please pass on our contact details to arrange a viewing.
The latest OFSTED report from January 2018 rates us as good all-round:
- Children enjoy well-planned group activities. They learn songs that help them to understand about numbers, counting and the days of the week. They join in with the words and actions and this helps to promote their understanding and confidence.
- There is a strong focus on promoting children's speaking and listening skills. Staff use every opportunity to reinforce children's vocabulary and conversation skills throughout their time at the pre-school.
- Children enjoy exploring the stimulating indoor and outdoor play areas. They make
- independent choices and follow their own interests in their play and learning.
- Staff have established a positive partnership with parents, overall. They ensure that parents are well informed about what their children are learning and how they can promote this at home.
- Staff make good use of praise and encouragement to promote children's self-esteem and confidence.
Inset days: Sept 3rd & 4th
Wednesday 5th Sept - Friday 19th Oct
Monday 29th Oct - Friday 21st Dec
Inset day: Jan 5th
Wednesday 6th Jan - Friday 15th Feb
Monday 25 Feb - Friday 5th Apr
Tuesday 23rd Apr - Friday 24th May
Monday 3rd Jun - Friday 19th Jul
Inset days: Jul 22nd & 23rd